jueves, 17 de noviembre de 2011

Beauty rituals - my skincare

  I am kind of a freak when it comes to skincare! Being unblessed with a very sensitive skin that gets dry, itchy, red and reacts to food, alcohol, cigarettes, pollution etc, I do need to take really good care of it if I don't want to look like (I do tend to exaggerate everything a tiny bit) a red monkey butt!

There is no point really in trying to cover up with tons of make up to achieve a beautiful look, beauty starts with healthy skin and hair and it is therefore worth spending a bit more in beauty care (and healthy food) and a bit less in make-up or cigarettes for example, even though I do like them too...




I try to use organic brands free of chemicals and god knows what that irritate my skin.
My favourite brands for now are Ren, Pai and Dr Hauschka. I also like Melvita and Weleda.


FACE CLEANSERS:

I use the the Dr Hauschka cleansing milk. It is wonderful. When I have red dry awful skin, it is the only cleanser that my skin will tolerate and that will actually calm and bring back my skin to a healthy glowing look.

"Ideal for removing makeup, this gentle cleanser features fermented grain extract to remove dirt and impurities. Jojoba and sweet almond oils maintain the natural moisture balance, keeping dry, mature and sensitive skin soft and supple."


A good equivalent to the Dr Hauschka cleansing milk is the Pai Camellia & Rose cleanser. It is also a milk that you massage into your skin and remove with a damp cloth. It smells beautiful and leaves your skin soft and glowing.

"Our Camellia & Rose gentle hydrating cleanser easily removes dirt, make-up and other impurities that build up on your skin throughout the day. Bursting with omega 3 and vitamins A, B, C & E, this cleanser works to hydrate your skin, leaving it soft and supple."



And from Dr Hauschka again, the cleansing cream! Ok maybe the texture is not too appealing in the beginning  but you get use to it and I love the smell of almonds. It is a beige paste that you mix a bit with water to get a sort of mud that you gently apply onto your face.This one also leaves your skin fresh and gorgeous. It is perfect as a daily cleanser if you have a normal or even oily skin. I use it just once or twice a week since my skin is so fragile. 

"Sweet almond meal combines with extracts of anthyllis, calendula, chamomile and St. John'swort to remove dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of moisture. Skin is strengthened while gentle exfoliation reveals skin's vitality."

                                             



FACE TONERS:

I usually use an organic rose or orange blossom water after I've cleansed my face to remove all the nasty stuff from the city water... I like to try different options.

Among the best: A'kin rose mist and A'kin lavender mist

            
  
                                                                     http://www.lovelula.com/cat_akin.cfm

Pai always with their Lotus and Orange Blossom BioAffinity toner

And the classics from Avène

and La Roche-Posay



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario